Sunday 20 August 2023

Whale Stranding Update

 I've updated the year 1954 in the post below. I have also found a stranding for 1958 of 50 Black Dolphins. A really interesting event, terrible but interesting. I will make an effort that these dates and other information are updated regularly, but it will all be in the full report when released. The report will be large because it embraces basically everything so people can do their own assessment and add or change or help them with new ideas. They can only do this efficiently if they have everything at their disposal. The more I do I'm starting to realize we might be able to intervene sometimes months before pods strand which makes me happy. I became a little disillusioned that there wasn't anything anyone could do but this isn't the case. However, that is a long way off as there is so much data surrounding this issue emerging. It will have immense ramifications in the ecology of many fields. So keep tuned, what I find will be freely available, I wish I had some robots helping me. AI is useless...at the moment because input data that is incomplete gives you make-believe results so I haven't attempted this at all. It's going to be old-fashioned research I'm afraid.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Cape Cod mass dolphin stranding

2024, September 16. USA, Cape Cod, Linnell Landing. 14 bottlenose dolphins were stranded with three confirmed dead. In just the last two wee...